COFFEE BREWING GUIDE
Here at Coral Reef Coffee, we know the many challenges of making a great cup of coffee at home so we're here to assist you. Our coffee brewing guide is beginner friendly and will get you started making a great cup of coffee in the comfort of your own home.
- Add 4 heaping tablespoons (50 g) of coarse ground coffee to the french press.
- Pour 3 cups (750 g) of water just off the boil (~200 degrees) over the grounds and stir.
- Place plunger on french press and let steep 4 minutes then plunge the plunger.
- In a 12-cup drip coffee machine, add 12-15 tablespoons (180 g) of medium-coarse ground coffee to the filter basket.
- Fill the brewer to the 12-cup mark and run the brew cycle.
- Add 1 ½ tablespoons (20 g) of medium-coarse ground coffee to the filter.
- “Bloom” the coffee by slowly pouring ¼ cup (40 g) of water just off the boil (-200 degrees) over the grounds with a gooseneck kettle and wait ~30 seconds.
- Slowly pour ¾ cup (260 g) of water over the grounds then remove filter.
For drip and pour over coffee, we recommend using a steel mesh filter instead of a paper filter.
We do not recommend a cold brew for infused coffee.